Hurricane City Offices will be closed on the following Public Holidays
|New Year’s Day|| Tuesday, January 1
|Martin Luther King Jr. Day|| Monday, January 21
|President’s Day|| Monday, February 18
|Memorial Day|| Monday, May 27
|Independence Day||Thursday, July 4|
|Pioneer Day||Wednesday, July 24|
|Labor Day|| Monday, September 2
|Columbus Day|| Monday, October 14
|Veteran’s Day|| Monday, November 11
|Thanksgiving|| Thursday, November 28
|Post Thanksgiving||Friday, November 29|
|Christmas Eve||Tuesday, December 24 (closed 1/2 day)|
|Christmas|| Wednesday, December 25
The Hurricane City Planning Commission will hold a Public Hearing during its regular meeting on April 10, 2014 commencing at 6:00 p.m. in the Council Chambers at 147 N 870 West, Hurricane, Utah to take comments on:
1. A proposed amendment to the Hurricane City General Plan pertaining to Chapter 5, Sensitive Lands, amending it to Chapter 5, Natural areas of Special Consideration, and making amendments to the text.
2. A proposed amendment to the Hurricane City Land Use Code, deleting portions of Chapter 24 Sensitive Lands, and creating Chapter 28, Development in Areas of Special Consideration.
Copies of both proposed amendments are available in the Planning Department at 147 N 870 West, Hurricane, Utah
The Hurricane City Planning Commission will hold a Public Hearing during its regular meeting on February 26, 2014 commencing at 6:00 p.m. to take comments on the following items:
1. A zone change request at 130 N 200 West from GC, General Commercial, to RM-1 (Multi-family Residential up to 6 units per acre) for the purpose of building a larger house on the property and eventually demolishing the old house and constructing a garage with an attached apartment.
2.A zone change request at 135 N 3400 West from PDO/Commercial to PDO/Residential.
3. Proposed amendments to chapter 36, Signs, of the Land Use Code
Further information is available in the Planning Department at 147 N 870 West, Hurricane, Utah
The Hurricane City Planning Commission will hold a Public Hearing during its regular meeting on January 22, 2014 commencing at 6:00 p.m. to take comments on the following zone change requests:
1. 841 W 1300 South change from RA-1, residential agriculture one acre, to RA-.5, residential agriculture half acre.
2. Approximately 2000 West 100 North to 600 North change from R1-10, Single Family Residential 10,000 square foot minimum, to R1-8, Single Family Residential 8,000 square foot minimum.
3. 232 W. 200 North change from RM-1, Residential Multifamily 6 units per acre, to RM-2, Residential Multifamily 10 units per acre.
The Hurricane City Council will hold a Public Hearing durings their regular meeting on November 7, 2013 commencing at 6:00 p.m. to take comments on a petition to abandon the easement on lots 20 and 21 of Sky Mountain Golf Estates Map 1.
The Hurricane City Planning Commission will hold a Public Hearing during its regular meeting on October 24, 2013 commencing at 6 p.m. to take comments on a proposed zone change at approximately 2125 S 3325 West from RA-1, Residential Agriculture one acre to RA-0.5, Residential Agriculture half acre.
The Hurricane City Planning Commission will hold a public hearing during its regular meeting at 147 N. 870 West which starts at 6 p.m. on September 26, 2013 to take comments on proposed text changes to the Land Use Code pertaining to:
1. Chapters 3, 13, and Chapter 37: Definitions and locations of guesthouses and casitas
2. Chapter 48: time limits for temporary retail sales
3. Chapter 24: Building height and setback standards on certain slopes and bluffs affected by the Special Area Development Standards
The Hurricane City Planning Commission will hold a public hearing during its regular meeting at 147 N. 870 West which starts at 6 p.m. on August 22, 2013 to take comments on proposed changes to driveway widths and commercial driveway standards in the Land Use Code.
On June 6, 2013, the Hurricane City Council will hold a public hearing during their regular meeting starting at 6 p.m. at 147 N. 870 West to take comments on an update to the Trail Master Plan and Trails Objectives to be incorporated into the General Plan.
Our water system recently violated a drinking water standard. Although this is not an emergency, as our customers, you have a right to know what happened, what you should do, and what we are doing to correct this situation. Per State law the Water Department is providing this notice to the pubiic. Download full Notice here.