- Building Department
All commercial or industrial plans submitted after July 1, 2019, must meet the 2018 International Building Code. Residential plans must meet the 2015 International Residential Code.
If you are building in a utility easement you must have a utility easement form signed by the property owner and notarized.
New Single Family Residential Building Permit Information
Please request inspections online with City Inspect or call in your inspection requests. 435-635-2811 ext. 300.
Inspection requests must be made by 3PM the business day BEFORE.
- ALL new construction permits must submit an Acknowledgement Waiver and Release Form signed and notarized by the property owner. The wet copy is required to be provided to the City upon permit pick up.
- ALL new construction permits being built owner builder must submit a signed and notarized Owner Builder Form. The wet copy is required to be provided to the City upon permit pick up.
Applying for Building Permits and Requesting Inspections
You can now apply for Building Permits and request inspections ONLINE!
ONLINE PAYMENTS COMING SOON!
Required Building Forms
- Acknowledge Waiver and Release Form (PDF)
- Owner Builder Form (PDF)
- Notice to Contractors (PDF)
- Underground Power Construction Standards (PDF)
- New Construction Power Policy (PDF)
Impact Fee Schedules
- Hurricane City Power Areas (PDF)
- Dixie Springs Plats A, B, G (PDF)
- Dixie Power Area (PDF)
- Canyons RV (PDF)
Accessory Building Permits
Any residential accessory buildings (sheds, detached garages, etc.) require a permit. For setback requirements view the residential standards and this link for residential agriculture standards.
Schedule inspections by calling the Inspection Line at 435-635-2811, ext. 300. We do not do same day inspections. You must call in by 3:00pm the BUSINESS day before.