Planning & Zoning
About the Planning Department
The Planning Department is charged with the review of all new residential, commercial, and industrial projects within the City of Hurricane. We take into account zoning, parking requirements, setbacks, heights, landscaping, and building materials. We also review floodplain issues.
The Planning and Zoning processes and procedures include appearing before the Planning Commission.
City Code & Land Use Ordinance
Current City Code and Land Use Ordinances are online.
Disclaimer About Online City Code
The formatting and pagination of this web version of the code may vary from the official hard copy of the code. This web version of the code is provided for informational purposes only and may not reflect all of, or the most current, legislation that has been passed. Prior to any action being taken, please consult the clerk for any ordinances that have been enacted that are not contained in this web version. In case of any discrepancy between this web version and the official ordinances, the ordinances prevail.
The Planning and Zoning office handles enforcement of all land-use ordinances within the city. Please contact the city offices at 435-635-2811 if you have any concerns.
Schedules & Fees
- Planning Fee Schedule
- Planning Commission Application Deadline
Other Useful Links
- Planning Commission Land Use Application Deadlines
- Download the Consolidated Fee Schedule (PDF).
- For information on the Planning Commission and its meetings please go to the Planning Commission page.
- For Business Licensing information please go to the Business Licensing page.
- For Building Permit information please go to the Building Department page
- Administrative Conditional Use Permit (PDF)
- Agricultural Protection Application (PDF)
- Amended Final Plat (PDF)
- Amended Final Site Plan Application (PDF)
- Conditional Use Permit (PDF)
- Extraction Overlay (PDF)
- Final Plat Application (PDF)
- Final Site Plan Application (PDF)
- General Plan Amendment Application (PDF)